Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reality Check

I'm an artist. So it can be a struggle for me to release imagery that isn't polished. Or finished.

As I'm adding images to the enVISION project, I find myself wanting to put an outline around the white figure. She doesn't stand out terribly well up against the neutral coloured wall.

But then I realized: I don't want someone only attracted to the polished version of ME.
Sure, appreciate it when it appears.... but adore me even if I have smudged eye make up.

Therefore I am resisting the urge to outline or embellish just for the purpose of improving how it looks. THAT is not what I am seeking.

I am also making a very conscious effort to put only positives up on these creatures. Positive. Empowered. Aware. THAT is what I seek to create. What I will create. What I AM creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment