Monday, July 23, 2012

The "Nice Guy Conundrum"

What do you do, when you are finally able to attract into your life, the quality of person you KNOW you deserve, and you find the experience so utterly unnerving, realizing that you haven't been emotionally PROGRAMMED for this?

I used to roll my eyes at the guys who would complain "You women SAY you want a nice guy, until we turn up... then it's "your too boring. We want adventure. We want the element of danger".

I get it now.  I think.

So the mission has changed. To be able to sit with the unfamiliar, the foreign, the vanilla-strange, hoping to high heaven that somewhere, there will be a shift, and your psyche will shrug, relax, and settle into the new experience.

Until then.... I'm more uppity than a cat on a hot tin roof.

Who would have thought that decent and respectful could send shivers of the unknown up and down this woman's spine?

I have recently moved, and unfortunately, there was no wall space for my full size cut outs, well, unless I was going to post them on the front door for all to see.  Call me crazy, but I was hoping for a little more privacy for "the couple". Perhaps it's time to create a new image.... one of me accepting and making peace with someone actually offering themselves to me emotionally? Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment