Monday, January 30, 2012

EnVISIONed Spouse


I am conducting a universal experiment playing off the much touted "Vision Board". Introducing project EnVISIONed Spouse!

It occurred to me that if Vision Boards can be utilized to create what is desired, why leave it at that? I have had tangible examples that the Universe will bring to me what I seek. But I am learning the need to be MUCH more specific.

There's nothing more disappointing then identifying the traits you would like a potential romantic partner to possess, only to find them three quarters around the world from you. Yes, that Universe has a playful and mischievious (slightly twisted) sense of humour. Clearly.... the Universe fails to realize who it's dealing with.

I have heard many times, in many different formats, the imporance of writing down what it is you seek from a romantic partner. Well.... this last thing I need is *another* list. I wanted something tangible, something visual. That would remind me of good things that come to those who wait patiently, confident that their needs will one day be met.

So pinned up on my kitchen wall are two full size cutouts. One brown. One white. One male. One female. On the female (myself) I am identifying issues that need to be resolved or healed in order to be ready to move forward with a romantic relationship. On the male, I am writing personality traits that I would like my ultimate partner to possess. Deal breakers.... like monogamy.

It is my hope to document the developments of this project. Confident that it WILL work out. Expressing myself, healing myself until such time as it manifests.

Until then, please keep in mind that this photograph was taken at the VERY beginning of this project. Much more will be added to it within time, as I process my wants versus my needs, and how to love myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment